Présentez-vous, vos passions, vos expériences, ...
#3148 par jsq0713
06 Déc 2018, 08:33
OTTAWA - A player watching from the press box never wants a teammate to struggle, but its often the only way back in the lineup. Authentic Jonathon Simmons Jersey .Just ask Chris Phillips.The veteran defenceman will suit up on Tuesday when his Ottawa Senators visit the New York Rangers after sitting out the last two games as a healthy scratch.Phillips replaces Patrick Wiercioch, who struggled in the Senators 3-2 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes on Saturday.The 36-year-old Phillips has been a healthy scratch seven times this season, all since Dave Cameron replaced Paul MacLean as head coach.To be brutally honest its a really hard position, Phillips said Monday of sitting out. You want to see the team win and we want to push to get in the playoffs, (but) the reality is if we dont win theres probably a better chance that I might get in the lineup the next game. Obviously Im not hoping for that, but in the back of your mind you think: Well maybe I might be in next game if thats how it turns out.Its kind of a weird feeling.With seven healthy defencemen the reality is someone always has to be the odd man, out and soon enough it will be two as Mark Borowiecki continues to rehab his leg injury.Its difficult, said Phillips. Its not a position that anybody wants to be in. If its me in the lineup then its one of the other guys thats out and thats not where they want to be. I guess in some ways thats what you want is for us to be pushing each other and we need to be on top of our game to stay in the lineup.Phillips is in the first of a two-year contract and has a limited no-trade clause.